--> /* end of banner manager 1 */

Stand Up For Seaton (SU4S)

Community Action for Seaton's Regeneration Area, 80% owned by Tesco - a floodplain on a World Heritage site bordered by nature reserves, tidal river, the sea and the unspoilt town. SU4S is a state of mind - no members, no structure, no politics. SU4S has objected to 2 planning applications by Tesco, including one for a massive superstore/dot com distribution centre which led to the recent closure on the site of 400 tourist beds with the loss of 150 jobs,a gym and pool - all used by locals.

Monday, January 15, 2007

A few quick things

320 people at the town meeting this evening. EVERY SINGLE ONE AGAINST THE LIATRIS PLANNING APPLICATION - NOT ONE PERSON WISHING TO SPEAK FOR IT. Well, the Town Council should get THAT message! But lots of constructive reasons (which is what they need). However, bear in mind a Town Council can give advice about a planning application but the District Council can ignore it.

Had pic taken for an article in the Western Morning News, possibly tomorrow - no idea what it will say but here's hoping they get at least some of it right! I'm live on Radio Devon on Wednesday 17 January 2007 at around 8.10 am (just before our demo at 11 am). I have to dash down to their studios to be there around 8 and then dash back for the demo.

Do please try to attend the demo(and I am so sorry working people that I didn't arrange it for a weekend - I quite rightly got my knuckles rapped on this one - my excuse I've never done anything like this before and I made a mistake - honest guv! Will know better next time). We are hoping that one of the local TV news channels will be there. And we have some GREAT fancy dress outfits. I gather the weather will not be good so bring your umbrellas and dress warmly!

Until then - my big big thanks to everyone who offered support to us tonight - including a lot of "old" Setonians as well as new ones - it's great to know we have your backing.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,

I just wondered, at the Town council the lady who spoke who was the EDDC councillor, she or someone else mentioned contacting the EDDC councillors who are on the planning board....

Is it worth emailing them/writing to them as well as writing the complaint letter? - I think a few months ago, you listed their names.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home